ESTP Course 7th to 9th of May 2014 – programme, presentations and photos.
Preliminary programme as of 24th of April 2014:
Wednesday 7th of May: Introduction and production of data
Morning session, theory
- 09.00-09.15 Welcome to Statistics Norway | Torstein Arne Bye, Statistics Norway
- 09.15-10.00 Opening and rounds of introduction | Anne S Trolie, Statistics Norway
- 10.00-10.30 GIS and the Statistical Production Chain: The process in a NSI for contributing to the GEOSTAT 2011 grid | Ola Nordbeck, Statistics Norway
- 10.30-11.00 How to produce population gridded data following the aggregation approach (based on register data) | Ola Nordbeck, Statistics Norway
- 11.00-12.30 How to produce population gridded data following the hybrid approach (based on various data sources as register data, land use data etc.) | Arslan Ahmedov, Statistics Bulgaria
Afternoon session, practical work
13.15-13.30 Brief introduction to Hands-on exercise: Production of gridded population statistics | Ola Nordbeck, Statistics Norway
14.00-15.30 Production of gridded population statistics | Ola Nordbeck & Erik Engelien, Statistics Norway
Find the manual here. For toolbox example developed in the course click here.
15.30-16.30 Automatisation of the grid production | Ola Nordbeck, Statistics Norway
17.45- Cultural event
Thursday 8th of May: Preparations for Inspire Reporting Obligations
09.00-11.00 Inspire for Statistical Offices | Arvid Lillethun, Norwegian Mapping Authority
Find INSPIRE Data Specification on Population Distribution and on Statistical Units
11.00-12.00 ArcGIS for Inspire | Olav Kavli, GEODATA AS (ESRI-Distributor)
For more info: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgis-for-inspire
12.45-15.00 Harmonisation in ArcGIS | Olav Kavli, GEODATA AS (ESRI-Distributor)
Click for exercise.
15.00-17.00 Inspire metadata in ArcGIS | Olav Kavli, GEODATA AS (ESRI-Distributor)
Friday 9th of May, Spatial analyses
09.00-09.30 Introduction to spatial analyses | Erik Engelien, Statistics Norway
09.30-10.00 Introduction to Hands-on exercise | Erik Engelien, Statistics Norway
10.00-12.00 Hands-on exercise: accessibility studies. For developed toolbox click here.
12.45-13.15 Presentation of results | Participants
13.15-14.15 How to automatise the hands-on exercise | Erik Engelien, Ola Nordbeck, participants
14.15-14.30 Summing up and closing down | Ola Nordbeck, Statistics Norway
14.30-15.00 Closing session – Evaluation of the course | Anne S Trolie, Statistics Norway