EFGS activities, Geostat 1A project and added value of gridded statistics were one of the main topics on the Census GIS day during the study visit of National Statistics Office of Georgia on 14th of December in Tallinn, Estonia.
National Statistics Office of Georgia implements GIS for supporting the Census in 2014 and has launched the census mapping activities with the aid of GIS.
The presentations are available below.
- Census GIS introduction by Diana Makarenko Piirsalu and Vilni Verner Holst Bloch
- EFGS overview and activities. Added value of gridded statistics. Dissemination with the aid of GIS. by Vilni Verner Holst Bloch and Diana Makarenko-Piirsalu
- Establishing GIS group staff composition, experience of personnel working for GIS team, structure of team, equipments using by team by Kreet Masik
- Planning GIS activities and necessary funds by Diana Makarenko-Piirsalu and Vilni Verner Holst Bloch
- Estonian census mapping 2000 Lessons Learned by Diana Makarenko-Piirsalu
- Goals of census GIS in 2011. Development of eGEOStat (Estonian Geostatistics database ). Use of the administrative registers in Census 2011 GIS by Diana Makarenko-Piirsalu
- Estonian Address Data System (ADS) by Mall Kivisalu
- Census geography – general overview, Statistical Units by Diana Makarenko-Piirsalu