10th Annual EFGS Conference
The 10th Annual European Forum for Geography & Statistics was co-hosted by Central Statistics Office Ireland and Ordnance Survey Ireland. The 2017 EFGS Conference was successfully held in Dublin Castle from November 2-3 2017.
The Conferencen was opened by Hugh Mangan from Ordnance Survey Ireland, Chair of EFGS2017, Barry Lowry Irish Government Chief Information Officer, Paul Morrin from Central Statistics Office Ireland and Janusz Dygaszewicz EFGS President (Central Statistical Office of Poland) who welcomed almost 200 delegates from around the globe active in the field of geospatial statistics management.
The Conference was feature a rich programme focusing on the latest knowledge and innovation in geography and statistics. It brought together experts from both fields and provided an opportunity for sharing best practices in relation to three main themes:
- The UN Agenda incorporating the UN-GGIM and the Sustainable Development Goals initiatives
- Collaboration between the statistical and mapping agencies
- Best practice examples and current work activities of integrating geography with official statistics
Participants presented their work on any topic covering these particular themes, examples of which include (but are not limited to):
- Linked Open data
- Visualisation of statistical outputs
- Census 2020 geography
- Big data and Environmental geostatistics
- Smart City/Urban Mapping
The official website of the EFGS 2017 conference is available here.